The Grip Trex Boot by Ruffwear is a fantastic concept. A good quality dog boot can be used to benefit your dog in so many ways and really is an essential part of kit for any active canine friend. In addition to keeping the hiking dogs happy take a look at the multiple circumstances in which this Grip Trex dog boot can be used;
- To prevent pad thinning or soreness on long hikes and runs
- To keep your dog’s sensitive pads away from rough surfaces, hot concrete and areas of broken glass and other dangerous rubble
- To keep older or disabled dog paws and nails safe when the feet are dragged
- To cover bandages and injured paws keeping them covered and therefore hasten healing
The Grip Trex dog boots have a non-marking Vibram outsole with new lug design. This style of boot provides traction and enhanced flexibility whether your dog is indoors or out. They also boast a mudguard to enhance durability and even have all round reflectiveness for low light conditions.
In addition this dog boot has Kew-Tec synthetic pigskin inner for a secure fit. Designed with a tightly woven air mesh fabric the Grip Trex allows ventilation in to the paw but keeps dirt out. Designed to fit a wide range of paw sizes and fully adjustable for that comfortable and custom fit.
How To Measure:
- Have your dog stand on a firm surface.
- Place a piece of paper under a front paw.
- Lift your dog's opposite front paw so that weight is placed firmly onto the paw being measured.
- Mark Both sides of the weighted paw at it's widest point on the sheet of paper.
- Measure the distance, and choose the correct boot from the sizes above.
See our video above for further help on how to measure.
Note: Front and back paws may be significantly different. We advise also measuring a back paw using the same method above in case you need to order seperate sizes for front and back paws.