Coconut meat contains medium chained triglycerides, metabolised in a different manner to other triglycerides. This fat is used as a source of energy transported directly to the liver rather than being stored as fat. 50% of the special saturated fat in coconut is Laurin. Research shows that Laurin can be converted in the body to Monolaurin, holding great antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. MCTs in coconut can actually help stimulate your pet’s metabolism aiding management of weight as opposed to the myth that the saturated fats in coconut will be fattening and unhealthful. Coconut is also relatively low in protein and ideal for those on restricted protein diets. If your pet has allergies, scurfy skin or a rash then it’s a fabulous hypoallergenic treat to feed your pet. Suitable for kidney/liver disease, obesity etc. This miraculous food can be used successfully in several problem pets and is a benefit to all…even if you fancy a little nibble yourself!
Caution: With coconut it can cause detoxification symptoms initially so we advise to introduce coconut gradually to the diet. Signs of detoxing too rapidly may include lethargy, vomiting, fatigue, and diarrhea.
- 100% Natural, nothing added
- RAW to protect nutrients & enzymes
- Low in fat, calories & Protein
- Hypo-allergenic % pet nutritionist approved
- Rich in enzymes that support your dog's health
- Can help fight bad breath & aid digestion
- Suitable for dog's with obesity, diabetes or pancreatitis
- Suitable for dogs with Kidney & Liver disease
A natural baked flavour dogs just can’t resist…..can you?
Pack Size: 100g